Finding the school that best fits your child is one of the most important decisions you will make as a parent. With fifteen years of experience working in private school admissions, we’ve perfected our tailored approach to help you find the best school fit and guides you through the application process from start to finish.
Gaby Fogelson is an excellent educational consultant – I could not recommend her more highly...Gaby is a wealth of knowledge about both the independent and parochial schools in many different parts of LA.
- Parent of 9th Grade Applicant
Our initial consultation will provide an overview of all the various types of schools across the city and identify which schools will provide the best opportunity for your child to thrive.
Consider us your navigation system of sorts, as our experts guide you through the often time-consuming and stressful process of selecting a school in this vast city.
Nonstandard Entry Points
Our intimate knowledge of the schools and relationships with admissions offices will help families select schools with the best opportunity for admissions.
Having interviewed hundreds of students herself during her years as an interviewer, our admissions consultant will demystify the process for you with her wealth of knowledge.
With our experience having read thousands of admissions files, we help both parents and students write impactful statements that clearly convey their core values and student’s strengths.
Meet our Los Angeles Private School Placement Expert
B.S. in Psychology from Union College
M.A. in Educational Studies from Loyola Marymount University
Gaby has over a decade of experience working in independent school admissions at Archer, Crossroads, Marymount and Westside Neighborhood School (WNS). As a native of Los Angeles, an independent school graduate, and an independent school parent, Gaby understands admissions from every perspective. Gaby began her career in admissions at The Archer School for Girls. During her six years at Archer, she served as Assistant Director of Admissions and 6th grade advisor. She then worked at Marymount High School as the Associate Director of Admission. She also worked as the Assistant Director of Admissions at the Westside Neighborhood School (WNS), a PS through 8th grade private school in Playa Vista. Finally, for two years, Gaby supported the Crossroads School admissions office as an interviewer before moving into her role as an independent educational consultant.
Gaby understands the many educational models given her wide array of experience working in K-12, PS-8, 6-12, and 9-12 schools and in both co-ed and single sex school environments. As a way of giving back to her community, Gaby volunteers annually with the Gabriella Foundation Charter School preparing students for independent school admissions interviews.
- Families complete detailed intake form prior to meeting
- Review of report cards, educational testing, and standardized testing
- Up to a 1.5 hour meeting to determine appropriate fit & initial school list
- Overview of private school landscape
- In-depth application process advice
- Discussion of ISEE/assessments, interviews, open houses, etc.
- Summary email outlining consultation for reference
Everything included in the Initial Consultation PLUS
- Comprehensive analysis and support for school applications (up to 6 schools)
- Essay/personal statement guidance and editing for up to 6 schools
- Interview preparation (up to 2 hours, 1 hour per session; mock interview included)
- Guidance on responses, what not to say, and overall presentation
- Guidance on thank you letters and first choice letters
- Coordination of appointments, interviews, school tours, and on-site assessments at Los Angeles-based schools
- Advocacy with admissions directors when appropriate and possible
- Bespoke, hand-held service (up to 3 hours of scheduled meetings/phone calls)
- Billable in 15 minute increments
- Hourly support for additional interview prep, essay support, follow-up with admissions directors, final decisions, and more
TEST PREP COMBO PACKAGE
- Comprehensive Package + Any Test Prep K-12 Package
- Can be used for any entrance exam (ISEE, SSAT, HSPT/TACHS, CSS, writing assessment)
- Receive $300 off!