Working with our company is an exciting opportunity to use your skills to help a student achieve academic success. We are an enthusiastic company with the goal of making a difference in a student’s life by helping them to overcome their difficulties. The time you take to read and fill out the below form is appreciated. Although we cannot offer a job to everyone who applies as we are very selective, we can offer those who are accepted a great work environment with a rewarding, well-paid job.
We offer in-person and online one-on-one tutoring for K-12 students, college/university students, as well as test prep subjects. Our students are from both private and public schools and they are in various academic standings.
- Lessons occur on Zoom, at the student’s home, or preferred public location.
- Tutors typically work between 8 and 30 hours per week.
- Tutoring locations/clients will be coordinated to be in close proximity to the tutor’s home/place of work.
- Tutoring typically occurs between the hours of 2:30pm-11:00pm Monday-Friday and 8:00am-11:00pm on the weekends.
- Tutors generally work with the same students on a weekly basis according to a designated schedule.
We are very selective with the candidates that we choose as tutors. A B.S. or B.A. from an acclaimed university is a prerequisite of all applicants. Those who are pursuing a Masters degree or PhD, along with certified teachers, are encouraged to apply. Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum of 3 years prior teaching/tutoring experience
- A relatively flexible schedule, particularly during evenings and weekends
- Previous experience creating lesson plans, and managing tutoring timelines
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from a prestigious university
- Reliable transportation and willingness to travel to student’s
- A fun, positive personality and strong interpersonal skills
- Minimum 1-year commitment
- Competitive tutor rates ($40-$60/hr), with regular performance evaluations and raises
- Retirement plan with matching options
- Flexible scheduling
- Comprehensive support/infrastructure – We provide all materials, handle all the billing, and consult with families to make your job easier
FAIR CHANCE ACT
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles, San Francisco, and New York City Fair Chance Ordinance.