Jobs at LA Tutors
Work with LA Tutors and make a difference in both students’ lives—and your own. Through competitive pay, flexible hours, and focus on the customer experience, we attract a tutor base and management team as elite as our clientele. Though our hiring process is very selective, we are proud to offer our tutors and management team competitively paid positions in a collaborative work environment.
We offer in-person, one-on-one tutoring for K-12 students, college/university and test prep subjects. Our students are from both private and public schools and they are in various academic standings.
- Lessons occur at the student’s home or preferred public location.
- Tutors typically work between 8 and 30 hours per week.
- Tutoring locations/clients will be coordinated to be in close proximity to the tutor’s home/place of work.
- Tutoring typically occurs between the hours of 2:30pm-11:00pm Monday-Friday and 8:00am-11:00pm on the weekends.
- Tutors generally work with the same students on a weekly basis according to a designated schedule.
We are very selective with the candidates that we choose as tutors. A B.S. or B.A. from an acclaimed university is a prerequisite of all applicants. Those who are pursuing a Masters degree or PhD, along with certified teachers, are encouraged to apply. Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum of 3 years prior teaching/tutoring experience
- A relatively flexible schedule, particularly during evenings and weekends
- Previous experience creating lesson plans, and managing tutoring timelines
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from a prestigious university
- Reliable transportation and willingness to travel to student’s
- A fun, positive personality and strong interpersonal skills
- Minimum 1-year commitment