Jobs at LA Tutors
Working with our company is an exciting opportunity to use your skills to help a student achieve academic success. We are an enthusiastic company with the goal of making a difference in a student’s life by helping them to overcome their difficulties. The time you take to read and fill out the below form is appreciated. Although we cannot offer a job to everyone who applies as we are very selective, we can offer those who are accepted a great work environment with a rewarding, well-paid job.
The Director of Outreach and Business Development will seek to create and sustain new relationships as well as create fresh business development opportunities in the Greater Los Angeles area. This position will be part-time (approximately 20 hrs), work flexible hours, sometimes including weekend work, and require travel to different locations throughout Los Angeles.
- Prospect, cultivate and establish lasting relationships with school administrators, counselors, and other key individuals across Los Angeles
- Have a thorough understanding of all test prep and tutoring services offered
- Present informational presentations and conduct follow-up meetings to schools and school officials
- Find novel ways to develop partnerships with local school and school districts.
- Setup and participate in marketing events such as free test prep and college seminars that will increase brand recognition
- Develop other creative marketing avenues to increase brand recognition and drive sales
- Experience in the education industry
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, in all forms of communication
- Able to work 20 hours per week and open to the possibility of a full-time role
- Relevant professional experience in prospecting, relationship management, and sales
- Highly organized and detailed oriented
- Willing to travel within the greater Los Angeles area
- 4 year undergraduate degree
- Competitive base salary, plus a generous commission-based bonus and potential for growth
- Paid vacation/personal days
- Paid parking
- Opportunity to take on more responsibilities, compensation, and grow alongside the company
- Frequent professional development opportunities
We are seeking a highly organized and enthusiastic individual to join our team as an Administrative Assistant. The role will focus primarily on performing and coordinating activities that support our sales and customer service efforts, with additional responsibilities supporting our business development and recruiting efforts. The Administrative Assistant will report directly to the Program Director and Executive Director. This position will be part-time between 20-30 hrs a week mostly during 9am – 4pm Monday to Friday and Saturdays 9 am – 1pm at our Beverly Hills office located at 9454 Wilshire Blvd. Beverly Hills, 90212.
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Explain services to potential clients
- Help with email / phone customer support
- Proctor and score different standardized tests such as SAT, ACT, and ISEE
- Review new tutor applications and call potential tutors to perform initial intake
- Review potential scholarship winners
- Proofread tutor session notes
- Use WordPress to post weekly blogs on website
- Send out regular announcements to clients and tutors via MailChimp
- Manage supply/book inventory
- Reach out to clients to get testimonials, implement user experience/customer satisfaction surveys, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have 2+ years experience working in a professional office setting, meticulous attention to detail, a self-starting and proactive disposition, and exceptional interpersonal skills. Previous experience as a professional assistant or administrative coordinator is preferred. College degree not necessary, but strong interest in higher education and college admissions is a must.
Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, and the Google suite of tools (Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.) is required.
We offer in-person, one-on-one tutoring for K-12 students, college/university and test prep subjects. Our students are from both private and public schools and they are in various academic standings.
- Lessons occur at the student’s home or preferred public location.
- This is a part-time position, but if you’re good, it can be your full time work.
- Tutors can work part-time anywhere from 2-25 hours per week.
- Where the tutor lives or goes to school will determine in which area they will tutor.
- Tutoring typically occurs between the hours of 2:30pm-11:30pm during the work week.
- Tutors will typically work with the same students on a weekly basis with a consistent schedule.
We are very selective with the candidates that we choose as tutors. A B.S. or B.A. from an acclaimed university is a requirement of those to whom we offer a job. Those who are pursuing a Masters degree or PhD and are looking for a rewarding job on the side are also welcome, along with certified teachers. To be accepted, you must have the following:
- An enthusiastic and highly motivated attitude
- At least a 3.50 GPA from a highly acclaimed university.
- Your own transportation
- A punctual and dependable personality
- Teaching/tutoring experience