Jobs at LA Tutors
Working with our company is an exciting opportunity to use your skills to help a student achieve academic success. We are an enthusiastic company with the goal of making a difference in a student’s life by helping them to overcome their difficulties. The time you take to read and fill out the below form is appreciated. Although we cannot offer a job to everyone who applies as we are very selective, we can offer those who are accepted a great work environment with a rewarding, well-paid job.
We offer in-person, one-on-one tutoring for K-12 students, college/university and test prep subjects. Our students are from both private and public schools and they are in various academic standings.
- Lessons occur at the student’s home or preferred public location.
- This is a part-time position, but if you’re good, it can be your full time work.
- Tutors can work part-time anywhere from 8-25 hours per week.
- Where the tutor lives or goes to school will determine in which area they will tutor.
- Tutoring typically occurs between the hours of 2:30pm-11:30pm during the work week.
- Tutors will typically work with the same students on a weekly basis with a consistent schedule.
We are very selective with the candidates that we choose as tutors. A B.S. or B.A. from an acclaimed university is a requirement of those to whom we offer a job. Those who are pursuing a Masters degree or PhD and are looking for a rewarding job on the side are also welcome, along with certified teachers. To be accepted, you must have the following:
- Minimum of 3 years prior teaching/tutoring experience
- A relatively flexible schedule, particularly during evenings and weekends
- Previous experience creating lesson plans, and managing tutoring timelines
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from a prestigious university
- Reliable transportation and willingness to travel to student’s
- A fun, positive personality and strong interpersonal skills
- Minimum 1-year commitment